Archangel Michael

Staff member
Fan Adevărat!
Top 50
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
1.00 Puncte
Most important point which i consider while buying domain names are
whether the domain keyword is based on the theme i am going to create a blog for.
1. .com, .org and .net TLDs Only
2. Say No To Hyphens and Numbers
3. Keep It Short and Sweet
4. Include Keywords
5. Use An Exact Keyword Only
6. Go For Mass Appeal
7. Avoid Misspellings
8. Avoid Trademarks Like the Plague
9. Look For Advertisers
10. GEO Domains Are Hot

Last edited:

Angel

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
LOL...

If you buy Two-Words.com BE SURE to get TwoWords.com. Why?

1) Domains with hyphens (or dashes... "-") are a branding nightmare.
The hyphen breaks in the middle of a word when used in a long
sentence or paragraph. So instead of seeing...

Let us handle all the dirty work! Yes, that's right, the pros at
TwoWords.com can do this for you!

You see (instead)...

Let us handle all the dirty work! Yes, that's right, the pros at Two-
Words.com can do this for you!

...which is the root of the branding nightmare.

2) Ah.. the branding nightmare raises it's ugly head, again. People do NOT remember dashes. They would easily remember spaces IF they were allowed on the internet, but spaces are NOT allowed in Domain Names. So everyone translates spaces into nothingness when writing out a Domain Name. So if you registered BOTH TwoWords.com and Two-Words.com, anyone typing in a Domain will wind-up at TwoWords.com 90% of the time. You have to be a BIG name to get around that obstacle.

3) Hyphens devaluate a Domain. OK, I know, you don't want to sell Two-Keywords.com, not ever. But let's say you get old and die... your son doesn't want your web design business because he is the President of your country now (we can all dream...) and your wife has no idea what it is about (no matter how many times you are telling her about it). But that website is actrually worth QUITE a bit of money after building it up after all these years. For instance, I could probably get $20,000.00 for my design business which has been around since 1997, if I sell my clientele along with it. And I am not really dying, just want to retire. But if I just let it go, someone snaps-up the deleting Domain for a few hundred bucks, and I get nothing.

Now, if my site name had a hyphen in it, it is only worth about half of that (same stats, same customers, same sub-50,000 Alexa Ranking, same Moz PA 63 DA 45). Why? Because of the branding NIGHTMARE! No one wants to deal with it. And for good reason.

Wolf Soul

Fan Adevărat!
Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
Google tends to give weight to keywords in the domain name so increases importance of selecting a good Domain Name.
When choosing a domain name for SEO purposes, the three main factors Brand, Rankability, Linkability should be considered.
The domain type Dot com's can sell for 5-20 times as much as a .org or .net. on the domain name.

MichaelBrown

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
Domain name is the most important part of a business because domain name refer your business that what you have or what are you represent.
Domain name is related with a unique keyword that have the searches in local or internationally.

that's right keywords in domain are very important. I agree having hyphen in domain name is not advisable until and unless you can't find a domain without hyphen. If you are focusing on local business, rather go for domain extension related to your country.

johnsimth

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
1. Avoid using the unwanted characters like underscores, hyphens and other special characters in your domain.
2. Try to select the domain name according to your business niche.
3. Try to use .com extension.
4. Always try to your domain short and easy because people can easily remember short names.