HBO Hacked: Game of Thrones episodes leaked

WebmastersMind

Administrative
Oracol XOR Partner
Official Support
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
Now we are all watching a TV series. So among the shows we look at, it's impossible not to have heard about the popular Game of Thrones.

It seems that this popular TV show has been hacked and the web not only revealed the plot of episode 4, then even the episode and now the contact details of the actors.

The stars of this HBO series, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey and Emily Clarke, had personal data lost on the Internet. These data are email addresses, phone numbers, and other details, so hackers are trying to blackmail HBO and get a cash reward to stop leaking. Attackers have stolen 1.5 GB of data, and what we have seen so far is just the beginning.

The data includes contact information for other celebrities in the series, plus a series of emails sent between HBO officials and program vice president Leslie Cohen. More than that, the internal and administrator password for HBO servers came online. The HBO CEO has been contacted by hackers, requiring a multi-million dollar reward to prevent the escape of other episodes or emails.

The amounts reported would be between 12 and 15 million dollars paid in Bitcoin apparently. Hackers say they needed 6 months to break the HBO network. I have not seen any clear or coherent response from giant TV streaming, but surely will come on the line and the authorities too. Do not be surprised, though, if the episode 5 of the 7th Game of Thrones season escapes.

Sencuart

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
I think there will be a huge losses for HBO if it doesn't solve the problem with hackers. For me it is not a problem, I don't encourage piracy but we can see some episodes much earlier. Unfortunate for the actors who have been shown their personal contact information.

luispas

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
I heard about this issue and looks really sad, but GOT fans are happy for that, they don't even think in HBO. I'm haven't watched GOT ever, my friends always tell me to do it, but it's not my style and it don't catch my eye.
I just hope this problem would be solved soon.