1.37 Puncte = 1 Vella / Vella= 0.00002667583 BTC si 43.2183406114 Doge

How to replace white with transparent background?

csscoll

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
Easy, if you have Photoshop installed you can try this.
1. Open PS
2. Import the image
3. Go to the erase tool, left click on it, select the ''Magic Eraser Tool'' then click on the background. It would make it transparent. And that's it!
Many thanks @Vendeta21 for your time and attention.

Using the Eraser tool I am not very accurate, especially if the object has some shadows. May be I am not skilled enough. I also made right click on eraser tool and selected 'magic eraser tool'. Then clicked on background.

Regarding your first way. What do you mean by 'select the object'? I must use the lasso? If yes, this method is very difficult and results in non accurate image as well. If I can select the object other way, please let me know.

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
I am a Paint Shop Pro user.

1. Duplicate the image (as to not damage original)

2. Make sure the image is converted to a raster layer. (right click on the layer, and choose promote background to layer)

3. Using your selection wand set it to around 10 to 20 with anti alias turned on. Select the white area. If all the white areas do not get selected hold down your Ctrl key while selecting. Once you have the white areas selected depending on how it was selected you may have to invert your selections. What this means is if your main object seems to be what is selected you will want to "invert the selection" to select only the white areas.

4. Once you have the areas selected - You will have to go up to EDIT, CUT. This will have removed the white areas. IF it removed the main object go to start a new file. Go to Edit, Paste.

5. You should eventually end up with the main object. Now you may want to clean up the edges a bit with your eraser tool (zoom in if needed). You can also add a nice soft drop shadow with settings like vert: 0
horiz: 0
blur: 6.00
opacity: 50%
color: [HASHTAG]#333333[/HASHTAG] or [HASHTAG]#000000[/HASHTAG]

6. Once you have it the way you like it. I would add a new layer and place the clear layer UNDER your work.

7. While standing on that blank layer at the very bottom. Go to your fill tool. Choose fill color that will allow you see how the image will look on the color background you will use it on.

HINT: I like to use bright colors like [HASHTAG]#0033ff[/HASHTAG] to see if there are any messy areas. If all looks good I delete the bottom layer, merge my shadow with my main object, and export it out as a PNG or whatever you need it for.

NOTE: However if you feel you will need to edit the image again in the future you can make a COPY or DUPLICATE the work and save one copy as a PSD or PSPIMAGE and the other you can merge.

Again these are just some tips and ideas as how I would do it in my program.

luispas

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
Normally I use the Pen Tool, I know that if you only have a mouse it can be very complicated and you need a bit of patient, but with dedication it can look very beautiful. Of course, I'm talking about having to take the background off a complicated image, like a character on a movie poster, or a game.
The Pen Tool it's my friend, I also use it for making my logos :)