Tutorial How to start a Blog

WebmastersMind

Administrative
Oracol XOR Partner
Official Support
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
More recently, everyone has a blog. Your colleagues have, teachers have, politicians have, friends and some local "stars" are known only because of the blog. I know what you're thinking about now: if everyone has, why I would not have one?

On the blog you can waste your time, speak about troubles, you can write about what you want. And for a simple diary, you can get comments, feedback, maybe even help or advice from other people on the blog. And if you don't want the world to know who you are, it's simple: write under anonymity.

You can meet people who share your opinions, ideas, hobbies. When you are very passionate about a particular thing or subject, you have a lot to say. Let's say you're a cinematographer, you're always up to date with the new screen highlights ... why not give up the information? You can meet people as passionate as you, discuss what the director really wanted to say, give birth to very interesting discussions. Of course, this applies to everything: fishing, politics, music, makeup, etc.

Now that you understand what it is about, let's get started!

How to start a blog?
1. Pick your niche. The most important thing is your blog and business need to be something you are passionate about. If you don't love what you are doing, your business won't last very long. Pick something you really like and even better, pick something you know a lot about.

2. Select your domain name. The domain name you choose should coincide with your niche, but it doesn't have to be keyword specific. Years ago it was essential to get a domain name wich had the exact keyword of your niche in it to be successful. This is no longer the case. You can also read this thread to know what to choose.

3. Get website hosting. Website hosting is one of the most critical elements of your business and one wich is taken for granted by a lot of new website owners. A good website hosting company will allow you to forget about hosting and concentrate on your business and running your blog. Also, we sell hosting. You can see our packs here, starting from 0.24 € up to 2.20 € Send a message to [email protected]

4. Install your blog. Wordpress is the world's most popular blogging platform and it powers some of the web's biggest and most popular blogs. It is a powerful blogging tool and it can be used to create any kind of site you want. Also, we can help for free if you buy hosting from us.

5. Perform initial setup. Knowing how to use Wordpress is important, but knowing how the WordPress Dashboard is setup and how to set your base settings for your site is extremely important.

6. Install a theme. Designing your site depends on the theme you choose and how you want it to look. Your site logo, the color scheme, etc. The WordPress Theme you choose and the options it offers will decide most of this. There are thousands of WordPress Themes, free and paid, and you can change them anytime you want as often you want.

@CyRaw can help you with a logo design for free.

7. Install essential WordPress plugins. The engine that really powers advanced functions in WordPress are the plugins you can add. Plugins allow to add almost any functionality you want to your WordPress blog and there are thousands of them.

8. WordPress SEO. One of the most important parts of setting up your new WordPress blog is making sure you optimize it for WordPress SEO. This process will allow you to get the most out of your site with higher rankings and free organic traffic from Google.

9. Setup Google Analytics. It is an essential part of your blog's development and can be used for tracking your traffic, traffic sources, best posts, goals, and audience demographics just to name a few. The key here is understanding that the only way you will be able to know what content is producing results and what isn't is by tracking and analytics.

10. Setup Social Media accounts. Building an audience via Social Media will help you build a permanent audience on your blog. Using social as a conduit yo your blog's content should be an essential part of any blog's content marketing strategy since it will drive both traffic and build relationships with your subscribers/costumers.

11. Setup Email marketing. One of the most important parts of starting your new blog is building an integrated system for collecting email subscribers. Developing an integrated email marketing strategy is an essential part of your blog and any business online. This is a must have element for marketing and remarketing your blog and its products.

12. Develop a content marketing strategy. The content you create and the overall marketing strategy you create will rely largely on the niche you are working in and the target audience you are working with. Each one is unique. Always focus on producing high-quality content that your audience wants and needs and you will succeed.

13. Launch your blog. Following the right steps when you start your blog can make or break you. The life of your blog and your business count on it being setup correctly. The Final Step in the process is to ''officially'' launch your blog. Let people know about it on Social Media and if you already have a mailing list, let your subscribers know too.

Tips for optimal design
Use Snippets on Homepage. Tailored people with short attention span. (average person's attention span is 8 second.). Also, it helps you avoid duplicate content.

Place sidebar on the right. Main content needs to take up at least 60% of your design. The optimal layout is content on the left side and one sidebar on the right side. Sidebar on the left decreases the number of people who read your content by 15% to 25%.

Keep the [HASHTAG]#excerpts[/HASHTAG] between 5 to 20 posts. Display images in the preview. That is increased CTR from my homepage to posts by 37%.

Keep design centered with width between 951px to 1000px. 64% are centered design. 56% has width between 951px and 1000px.

Make sure your site is responsive. Consumers today nearly 60% of their time on the internet on their mobile devices.

Optimal font and typeface. Use a bigger font size for body (no less than 11pt) After testing font sizes on 20 blogs, the following happened as I increased the font size.
Text:
-is starting from 8pt.
-for +13 seconds time on site use 9pt
-for +8 seconds time on site use 10pt
-for +6 seconds time on site use 11pt

Font size of popular blogs:
-34% of the sites use 12px (SearchEncgineLand, TUAW, Mashable, Smashing etc)
-30% use 13px (LifeHacker, Google Blog, CopyBlogger, Consumerist etc)
14% use 14px (Gigazine, ProBlogger, Wired, ReadWriteWeb etc)

We can make you get started easier with domain and host. Also, plugins, setups, theme install, backups, and plugins are supported if you buy our packs. Just send email at [email protected]

luispas

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
I'm going to fallow your instructions, right now I'm a little busy, but later I'll be starting to read everything you put here to see if I can do my own blog, thank you so much for taking the time to make this tutorial :) which I know it's really helpful.

WebmastersMind

Administrative
Oracol XOR Partner
Official Support
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
I'm going to fallow your instructions, right now I'm a little busy, but later I'll be starting to read everything you put here to see if I can do my own blog, thank you so much for taking the time to make this tutorial :) which I know it's really helpful.
It's a pleasure for me to help. This community is based on trust and mutual help:D