What is a Sitemap, XML, and HTML

WebmastersMind

Administrative
Oracol XOR Partner
Official Support
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
I met these terms everywhere and I do not know what it means. I heard about HTML but the rest I didn't. Could anyone explain me?
Any website model should have two sitemap models, an HTML one that can be studied by visitors, and a sitemap.xml that is specifically designed for search engines. A sitemap is a map of the site, which contains the important links on the website, pages, categories, articles, products, etc.

On the Internet, there are millions of websites and they all compete for the highest rankings in SERPs. Competition in the online environment is widespread in almost all areas of activity and therefore we strive for our website to be best rated to attract as much traffic as possible. We have to make sure that surfing the website is easy and let the user navigate as fast as possible on any page.

Sitemap XML
The XML sitemap file or files are intended to inform search engines about the structure of the website. The XML protocol will inform search engines that will understand the structure of the website more effectively. In this way, we can increase the ability to index all the links on the website more quickly. Here's an example of sitemap.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
   <url>
      <loc>https://infoseo.ro/</loc>
      <lastmod>2008-01-01</lastmod>
      <changefreq>monthly</changefreq>
      <priority>0.8</priority>
   </url>
</urlset>

CyRaw

Contributor
Registered
SEO Expert
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
XML can store data separately from HTML
HTML pages are used to display data. Data is often stored inside HTML pages. With XML, data can now be stored in a separate XML file. This way, you can focus on using HTML to format and display, and you can be sure that the changes made to the underlying data will not bring any HTML changes.

XML can also store data inside HTML documents
XML data can also be stored inside the HTML pages as "data islands". You can still focus on using HTML for formatting and displaying data.

XML can be used for data exchanges
In the real world, computing systems and databases contain data in incompatible format. One of the most challenging challenges for developers in terms of time was the exchange of data between such systems on the Internet. Converting data into XML can greatly reduce this complexity and can create data that can be read by various types of applications.

XML can be used to store data
XML can also be used to store data in files or databases. Applications can be written to store and retrieve information from memory, and generic applications can also be used to display data.