1.37 Puncte = 1 Vella / Vella= 0.00002667583 BTC si 43.2183406114 Doge

What is in a Laptop?

runn3r

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
I never really cared about what's in a laptop. Every time I needed a new one, I took the help of a friend. This time I also want to learn about components. Can someone talk me more about?

Spooky

Registered
Oracol (XOR)
Fan Adevărat!
0.00 Puncte
In a Laptop you will find:

Motherboard
In the form of a large printed circuit board, the Motherboard acts as the foundations to the entire system allowing the other major components to communicate with each other.

Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Essentially acting as the brain, the CPU is a microprocessor that makes your laptop tick. The CPU is the decision maker in your laptop, manipulating data via its millions of tiny transistors.

Memory
The two main sources of memory in a laptop are Random Access Memory and Read Only Memory.
Data fed to RAM is not stored permanently, and is erased when you turn the laptop off.
Writing data onto ROM on the other hand will see it stored on there permanently.

Drives
A laptop come with different types of drives, armed with the capability to store or recall data and applications.
For example, a hard drive or solid state drive allows you to store data and applictions directly to your computer. Other drives found on a laptop are media storage playing optical drives. Typically, a laptop will have a CD/DVD driver, although Blu-ray players are becoming more common.

Graphics/Sound
A laptop will come complete with both a graphics card and sound card, giving the laptop the power to display graphics or play sounds.

Networking
Laptops generally contain two outlets for communicating with other systems and the internet. The main source of acces comes via the wireless card, allowing the system to connect to Wi-Fi. Alternatively, the laptop will contain an Ethernet port for wired internet acces.

Ports
Laptop's sport an increasingly impressive array of ports allowing you to connect external devices. Most laptops will have several USB ports, as well as VGA, HDMI and SD card slots.

Interface
Laptops come in a pretty formalised setup. The LCD screen usually ranges between anything from 11 to 17 inches in size. Sitting below it is the keyboard for inputting text, and the trackpad, wich is used to scroll the cursor around the screen.

Maintaince
All this tech is pretty useless if you can't start it up. Laptops all contain a transformer that converts electricity into an appropiate voltage to run the laptop,s components. Some of that power charges the on-board battery, so the laptop can be used without a constant mains supply. To avoid overheating, laptops also have various cooling systems. Solutions include heat skins, wich absorb heat, and fans to exhaust heat externally.