There are a lot of ways to get backlinks. Most of the ways requires time and effort. You should consider, blogging, article or press release. These are the ways how to get backlinks.
But before doing all of these, you should update yoursite more often and make it "search engine friendly". You must have a good content, they call it "meaty" sometimes. You may ask, what is the relevance of making the content of my site search engine friendly?
- Write guest posts on the best sites in your niche. In other words, offer yourself free articles for other well-known sites that appeal to the same market segment as you. In return for the article you have written, the administrator of that site allows you to insert some links.
- Make friends with bloggers in the niche and start writing comments on their blogs to chat with the readers of those blogs
- Create your accounts on social networking sites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter etc to spread the news about your site.
- Enroll blog posts on the most popular social bookmarking sites. Here are some examples: Pinterest, Reddit.
- Make your accounts on forums and communities where you are discussing topics specific to the niche you have chosen and start chatting with members and when you want insert links to relevant articles on the site, or place your site name in your signature
- Index your site. Attention, you do not have to register the all the directories you can find on the internet. If your site is in English, you can enroll in the biggest foreign directors and that's more than enough.
- Write articles on the articles directory with a link to your site, but not many, just a few. Unfortunately, these article directors are no longer as effective as they once were.
Use other blogging platforms (Blogger, Wordpress) to create mini content sites and then put links there to your main site.
I think blog commenting and forum posting are best way to get good backlinks.But keep in mind never try to do spam.Also be careful,if you are providing link building and SEO services then you should not ask like this silly question,it ll treat a bad reputation for your company.